COVID 19 !
THE STEPS WSOM IS TAKING TO ENSURE YOUR SAFETY
To ensure your safety when things return to normal these are the practices that will be put in place.
- Vehicle Sanitation follow industry best practice on PPE requirements on every lesson.
- To wipe down the steering wheel and other controls before every lesson.
- Provide disposable gloves for every student.
- Disposable seat covers will be provided for every student.
- Instructors may have to wear a face mask & gloves – this depends on the final guidelines set out by the DVSA which instructors are still waiting on.
- I will be taking an online course to be specifically trained in how to reduce viral contamination and best practice for operating a safe driving lesson.
Learner and instructor safety
- Every student will be asked to declare that they are symptom free at the start of a lesson, and may have to sign a declaration, again this is still to be confirmed.
- All students will wear a face mask, this must be provided by yourselves any failure to do so, and the lesson may be terminated.
- Cancellation charges will still apply 48 hours notice is required.
Driving test centres for Practical test still remain very busy with long waiting lists for test slots and cancellations, sadly some industries have been affected very badly due to the new social distancing rules, anything transport related being one of them.
Driving Tests will be terminated the minute the student makes a Serious/Dangerous fault, this will stop examiners being in the test car longer than needed, due to the current health and safety issues with social distancing. The waiting times for both Theory & Practical test will remain very high for quite some time.